August 12, 2014
Discussion with Paul Brennan on Critical Mass today was sparked by:
* 8 ways to avoid being ‘that annoying passenger’ on a flight at Conde Nast Daily Traveler
* 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know About Working Out at the Wellfesto (which is a blog manifesto for wellbeing).
This post was sparked by an experience at a gym where the work-out coach was exhorting the class to imagine how they’d look.
The writer knew she didn’t want her daughter to be thinking of appearance as a motivation to fitness, instead she wanted her to know:
1. Strength equals self-sufficiency. . .
2. Fitness opens doors. . .
3. The bike is the new golf course.
4. Exercise is a lifestyle, not an event. . .
5. Health begets health
6. The bike is the new golf course. . . .
7. Working out signals hard-working. . .
8. If you feel beautiful, you look beautiful. . .
9. Nature rules. . .
10. Little eyes are always watching. . .
July 1, 2014
Conversation with Simon Mercep on Critical Mass today was sparked by:
* An audio illusion
* Word games to determine which breed of English you speak
May 13, 2014
Discussion with Simon Mercep on Critical Mass today was sparked by:
* Look Up – a YouTube video on social media which isn’t social. (I posted hte clip a couple of days ago – well worth a look and listen).
* Important life lesson from older people
* How to overcome regret
April 15, 2014
Discussion with Jim Mora on Critical Mass today was sparked by:
* Here’s what Facebook’s doing to your brain: it’s kind of shocking
* The Most Challenging Dinner Guest Ever: And 5 Delicious Meals To Feed Them (and yes I do understand that allergies aren’t fads, but let’s not the facts get in the way of an alliterative headline) from The Kitchen.Com
* The Furious Pear Pie
March 18, 2014
Conversation with Jim Mora on Critical Mass this afternoon was sparked by:
Ten words everyone should live by at MindBodyGreen.com