1. Who said: “Women have got to make the world safe for men since men have made it so darned unsafe for women.”?
2. No Safe Harbour is a book for young adults about which New Zealand maritime disaster and who wrote it?
3. It’s sûr in French, sicuro in Italian, seguro in Spanish and haumaru in Maori, what is it in English?
4. Legislation enacted in 1972 made the use of what compulsory in New Zealand?
5. Sir William Gallagher made what to keep his car safe from a horse?
Points for answers:
Freddy got three – though yesterday was Thursday all day, unlike last week when I muddled it with Friday.
Andrei got three and the answer to #1 is worth a bonus for effort.
Alwyn wins an electronic bunch of daffodils with five right.
Grant got four.
Gravedodger got four too with a bonus for extra information, no sign of mental degradation.
Answers follow the break.
1. Nancy Astor.
2. Wahine disaster, David Hill.
4. Seat belts in cars (for people aged 15 and over).
5. Electric fence (made from a car’s ignition coil and a magneto set).