1. Which country does this quote refer to and who said it: “. . . the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of tradition.”?
2. In which part of the human body are the smallest bones?
3. What is the largest carnivore on earth?
4. For what is an Apgar score used?
5. Which is the closest star to earth?
Points for answers:
Lester got 2 1/2
Andrei got four. I meant on earth as in on land but that wasn’t clear so am accepting the sea creature.
Roger got 1.
IHS got 2 with bonuses for extra information.
Grant wins an electronic batch of biscuits of his choice for five with bonuses for extra information.
Answers follow the break.
1. India, Mark Twain.
2. The ear.
3. Kodiak Bear,
4. To assess a new born’s health (“A”ppearance, “P”ulse, “G”rimace, “A”ctivity, and “R”espiration).
5. The sun.